Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 23

Well, last night I slept so good. I was out cold, and loving every second of it! When our daughter woke us up, I was ready to awaken from my slumber. It was very easy for me to start the routine of my day. Get the family breakfast, clean the kitchen, get 2 out of 3 of us dressed, walk the dog and pack snacks. That was just a lead up to a day of moving furniture, and cleaning (for someone else) while making a festive snack tray for the afternoon. Of course I did that after walking to the store to get lunch for the group. Once this was accomplished we were gifted with  a playground full of preschoolers. Once the play-date was over, we picked up my Mother n law at the store, not before running in and doing some shopping ourselves. When it was all said and done it was already past dinner time, we still had to drop my Mother n law off at home unpack from the day, get a dinner ready for our daughter, and prepare her for bedtime.

Usually this schedule would be so exhausting. Today it was just a lot of fun things all packed into one full Saturday. I guess what I'm saying is I don't really feel such a super spike in energy anymore, it's just become my new way of living. Maybe it just all happens so gradually that it doesn't feel like change, it just feels good. It was so nice to enjoy our time at the play ground while meeting our daughters new friends and their parents, and helping my Mother n law was not a problem, I was empathic with our daughters attitude at the end of the day, because I knew how exhausted she must be.

It feels so refreshing to enjoy all of our family time, instead of feeling irritable or exhausted. Don't get me wrong it was still a long day, but one I wouldn't change for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment